2018 Conference Schedule and Topics
Communication Central’s annual Be a Better Freelancer® conference, held every autumn, offers a wealth of information and resources for colleagues seeking to launch or improve their editorial businesses. Presentations by experts in various aspects of the field range from the practical, such as using key tools of the trade, to the conceptual, such as developing marketing and networking systems.
Each conference day (9 .am.–6 p.m. Eastern time, Friday, September 21, and Saturday, September 22) features continental breakfast, two concurrent morning presentations, lunch and networking time, two sets of two concurrent afternoon sessions, and more time for networking. Dinner outings will be arranged (not included in registration fees). Session/presentation times will be available shortly. On Sunday, September 23, there will be a special workshop (additional fee) from 9 a.m.–12 noon; topic and presenter to be announced.
Topics confirmed so far include:
- Setting Up Your Website in an Hour or Less
- The Magic of Macros
- Typography 101
- Dealing with Difficult Clients
- Are You a Freelancer or a Freelance Business Owner? Know the Difference
- Ins and Outs of Working with Self-publishing Authors
- Organizing Your Business for Greater Success
- Working with Word Maximizing Your Online Presence
- Getting the Gig
- and more!
For information about this year's speakers, go to Speaker Bios.